17 November 2007

Bella In The News

DISCLAIMER: I have never been ashore in Iraq. I was last stationed off the Northern Arabian Gulf in 2004, but have never been stationed ashore, and am not currently there. That is a very sensitive distinction, as I'm sure all can appreciate. There are thousands of Navy personnel currently serving ashore in Iraq and Afganistan, in very dangerous, important positions helping out the other services, but I have always served aboard a ship when deployed, and am currently serving in Washington, DC.

Also, I was actually training for a half-ironman, not a full ironman distance race.

Cyclingnews.com wanted to showcase the Velo Bella-Kona cyclists who were also serving in the military. While there are 5 of us, they chose to write mostly about me! Check out the full article below.

Velo Bella-When Duty Calls

No comments: