06 December 2007

Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow!




The first snow of the season has arrived! It snowed all day Wednesday, and into the night, but I couldn't get out for a run.


So today at lunch I headed out into the very chilly 30 degree air and had an UNBELIEVABLE run in the snow today! The sun was shining gloriously upon the pure white snow, the Monuments looked so serene and beautiful against the blue background of the sky and the shimmering snow below....I was supposed to run for 3 miles, ended up running 5 (oops--now icing my bad foot under the desk).

Strangely enough, the "storm" caught everyone off guard, so there was none of the usual craziness that usually arrives with the snow. They didn't freak out and have a run on bread, milk, and water at the store, and we didn't even get sent home early Wednesday or have a weather delay this morning!

It definitely feels like December now! Can't wait for Christmas, hopefully it will be a white one!


I've posted more photos of my run through the Mall online.

1 comment:

JMoTriBella said...

I love running on nice snowy, sunny, winter days. Hopefully I'll catch a few back in Michigan for Christmas.