14 December 2007

CHRISTMAS IN WASHINGTON

Live, from the White House! Today we got to take the hottest tour in town, a White House Christmas Tour! It was beautiful. This is the only time of year that us "commonfolk" are allowed to actually take photos inside the White House, so I hope you enjoy the pictures!

I was fortunate enough to have a friend who works in the White House, across the hall from the First Lady's Office, and she was able to get me and Chris on the exclusive "invite" list to get a tour. I had to lure Chris in with little white lies of schmoozing and boozing with the President, but even though that didn't happen, I think he kinda enjoyed the tour. Certainly not as much as I did, but oh well!


We started off in the East Wing, where we walked through the wide hallway connecting us to the main house. From here there's a clear view of the Washington Monument, and this time of year, the National Christmas Tree.

As we moved through the house, there were live carolers, barbershop quartets, and even a high school choir all the way from Georgia!


The fireplace mantels and the many Christmas Trees were stunning. And did I mention the gingerbread house? Every little piece of it is completely edible! I saw a special on the Food Channel about the chef who makes them every year, it's quite the "cake decorating" project!

It was a great tour, and I was very happy that I got to share it with someone!

Merry Christmas from Washington!

No comments: