18 December 2007

IF HILLARY CAN DO IT, SO CAN I!



What the hell does that mean? Well, today I turned 35. The absolute LAST milestone birthday until I'm eligible for AARP. Yup, my driving insurance is now at the lowest it will ever be, and I can offically put my name in the hat for President of the United States.

Which seems somewhat fitting now that I'm living in Washington, DC. However, oddly enough, today I want nothing to do with DC or anything Presidential.

What was supposed to be a great celebration with my girlfriends at a great restaurant for dinner and then a co-ed party afterward with that All-American classic game of bowling, turned into an utter disaster.

First, the bowling alley wouldn't let me make a reservation until 24 hrs before, and then had the gall to laugh at me and actually comment "Don't you know it's the holiday season? We've been booked for months." For those who know me really well, you can imagine how the remainder of that conversation went.

To top it off, traffic was bad, and not all my 'party' made it on time to our dinner reservation, so we lost out on our table (another rude comment by the hostess with the mostest regarding the busy holiday season....) and so we had to dine in the bar.


But, to put it all in perspective, at the end of the night, I got to spend the evening with some really great friends who have come to mean alot to me since moving to DC. That's what matters most, being with those who make me happy!

Thank God I don't have to have another party until I turn 55, or is it 60?

No comments: